Friday, January 28, 2005

Well, lo and behold i've found time to get in a written post. It's not been through lack of material, just a lack of time to get down the things I want to say.

I'm at the Central Library, Friday night, just finished week 2 at my new office job, and it's payday!! I have bit of time to spare tonight since I have a house party with some dudes from AE and I didn't want to bus home to get changed then have to come immediately back. So I took the lazy option and went smart casual to work. See you get to read all the fascinating details once more!!

Teh new job is with IG MicroMed Environmental Inc. They are a Micro Biology lab based in Richmond who analyse a multitude of environmental samples ranging from water to soil smaples. Furthermore they play a large role in the accreditation for the food industry locally, nationally and Internationally. The operation is easily the largest in Western Canada and have a truck load of accreditations to prove it.
My role is partly lab based, but is at the moment 99% administrative. I have to write up teh reports and results ready to fax to clients. But due to confidentiality agreements that's as far as I can go. I know- a shame eh?! The nice part is that the ole BSc is helpful and remains refreshed. the whole staff is very friendly and helpful, the only downer is the 3 bus, 60-90 minute commute each way. I would still prefer a downtown job, but we'll see what happens.

Tut, library is closing early tonight!! Other news will follow shortly.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home